Skip to main content

I met Ghislaine Maxwell and later on was in contact with her

Thumbnail
I’ve hesitated to write this because it feels surreal, but with the recent resurgence of the maxwellhill discussions, I can’t shake a few personal memories.

In 2010, when I was younger, I was in New Hampshire with my grandmother, who was battling cancer at the time. Through circumstances I won’t go into here, we briefly met Ghislaine Maxwell in a public area, while she was taking pictures with some people. She was unexpectedly warm, hugged my grandmother after a brief convo about cancer, and even commented positively on my alternative style. At the time, it felt like a small, human moment with a celebrity, nothing more.

In 2015, years later, I saw her again from a distance at a TerraMar-related presentation. I was there with my ex. We didn’t speak to her, but I clearly remember recognizing her and feeling that odd sense of familiarity. Later on i realised that this was indeed THE Ghislaine we met all the way back then.

Then in 2020, I joined Reddit. On an old account, I ended up in a disagreement under a post about ocean pollution with the user u/maxwellhill. I criticized one of the sources they used. The discussion moved to DMs, where things de-escalated quickly. We found common ground in our shared concern for the ocean and environmental protection, exchanged a few calm messages, and that was it. Nothing dramatic. Nothing personal.

Two months later, Ghislaine Maxwell was arrested and now we all know who she really was.

Years after that, theories started circulating that maxwellhill may have been her account. I want to be very clear: I’m aware this has not been officially confirmed, despite recent claims and renewed speculation. Still, seeing the theory resurface has left me deeply uneasy.
Not because I think my experience “proves” anything—but because it connects very ordinary, human interactions in my life to something profoundly dark and disturbing in retrospect.
I don’t know what’s true. I’m not claiming certainty. I just know that revisiting these memories now feels unsettling in a way I can’t fully explain.

I’m sharing this because sometimes the strangest part of these cases isn’t the big revelations but how close they brush past normal life without you realizing it at the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So my wife’s going to a gala tonight — as her client’s “date.”

I’m 44 and my wife is 44. She works on an art advisory committee, so attending galas, events, and client meetings is part of her job. She often meets clients for coffee, lunch, or dinner, and I don’t always know the details and that’s completely normal because it’s part of her work. She’s always professional, transparent about her friendships, and I trust her judgment completely. Recently, she mentioned she’s going to a gala with a friend, S. He’s a wealthy client she met about a year ago, and they became friends professionally. She introduced me to him once, and he seems like a genuinely good person. He invited her as his “date” to this gala, and my wife said it’s fine. I did ask her though, if she’s actually going as a “date,” and she just laughed and said, “Date doesn’t always mean romantic.” She said it’s important for her she could get networking and meet new people. Then she smiled and said, “If I get into this gala next time, I won’t need to take that man with me, I’ll take you...

Update- My fiance’s “vows disaster” just hit rehearsal day & it got worse

For context- my fiance accidentally sent our officiant his draft vows, the one full of placeholders like “insert emotional stuff here” and “make her cry but not ugly cry”? Yeahhh. He promised he fixed them. But he did not. At the rehearsal, the officiant asked if he wanted to do a practice run. My man confidently steps up, opens his phone & starts reading the exact same draft. He gets halfway through “insert heartfelt memory here” before realizing, mid-sentence - what’s happening. The entire wedding party is trying not to lose it. Our officiant just sighed and said, “Well, at least you’re honest.” He is now rewriting his vows under supervision like it’s a school detention. The bridesmaids made him a folder titled “FINAL FINAL vows - DO NOT SCREW UP.docx.” If the ceremony goes anything like this rehearsal, I might livestream it for educational purposes. (And yes, I posted the original chaos on r/WeddingJokes — I feel like I owe them an update at this point)

The time I quit my job mid shift and walked out

Eight years ago I was working a customer service job that already had me burned out but one day my boss screamed at me in front of customers over something that wasn’t even my fault. Something in me just snapped. I took off my apron handed it to him and said “I’m done” Then I walked straight out the door and never looked back. Didn’t even go back for my final paycheck. It sounds impulsive but it was one of the most freeing empowering things I’ve ever done. Up until that moment I thought I had to just take it and that quitting mid shift was “unprofessional” But honestly that day taught me there’s a line between being dedicated and being disrespected. I was playing apex earlier and thought about how that single decision changed my whole mindset about self worth. It’s wild how one moment of courage can stick with you for nearly a decade. Still one of the best choices I’ve ever made.