Skip to main content

WARNING: Do NOT Wash Your Hair with Your Dog’s £11 Rose-Scented Shampoo (A Story of Pure Injustice)

Thumbnail
I harbour a deep, simmering resentment towards a very specific financial inequality in my daily life. The shampoo I buy for myself at the local pharmacy costs around £3.50. To me, £3.50 is already a decent bit of money. It feels like a modest, respectable indulgence. Then I looked at the price tag on the shampoo for my Jack Russell Terrier. £6.50. And it didn’t stop there. Upon closer inspection, I realized my family doesn't just use one bottle for the dog—they use two. One for actual washing, and another purely for "fragrance." Does anyone on Earth split their own hair-washing routine into a "cleansing phase" and a "scent-enhancement phase"? I certainly don't. Why on earth does my head get a single, budget-tier bottle while the dog enjoys a two-tier luxury system? While my human scalp is being scrubbed with £3.50 worth of foam, over £11 of capital is being invested directly into the dog’s fur. To make matters worse, the fragrance bottle is "Elegant Rose." Now, don't misunderstand me. I’m not claiming £11 is an astronomical fortune in the pet care world. That isn't the point. The point is the staggering, unprovoked three-fold price disparity between my human skull and the dog's coat. Unable to endure this cosmic injustice any longer, I decided to take action. I washed my own head with the dog's £11 rose-scented shampoo. This is not fiction. Before you worry, rest assured—I didn't do it just out of blind jealousy. I conducted a rigorous safety verification on myself first. I can now confirm, with absolute scientific certainty backed by my own human scalp, that it is entirely harmless. It is an irrefutable fact. The verdict? The actual washing experience was utterly indistinguishable from my £3.50 human shampoo. My hair did not suddenly become gloriously silky. However, I must leave a crucial, battle-tested warning for any future rebels contemplating the same path: Do not, under any circumstances, go to work after washing your hair with dog shampoo. At the end of the day, it is formulated for canines. The olfactory direction is entirely different from human products. Whether it’s an aggressive chemical designed to neutralize wet-dog smell or some synthetic pet-shop sweetness, the aroma lingering on your head once it dries is, unequivocally, Dog. If you ever feel compelled to protest the economic inequality in your household by raiding your pet's bath supplies, limit your experiment to Friday nights. Otherwise, you will find yourself sitting at your office desk, radiating the faint aroma of a freshly groomed, rose-scented terrier, subjected to deeply bewildered stares from your colleagues. So today, I quietly lather my head with my £3.50 foam, staring with intense, burning jealousy at the dog swaddled in bubbles twice the price of my own. submitted by /u/Shuzou-funky2525 [link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So my wife’s going to a gala tonight — as her client’s “date.”

I’m 44 and my wife is 44. She works on an art advisory committee, so attending galas, events, and client meetings is part of her job. She often meets clients for coffee, lunch, or dinner, and I don’t always know the details and that’s completely normal because it’s part of her work. She’s always professional, transparent about her friendships, and I trust her judgment completely. Recently, she mentioned she’s going to a gala with a friend, S. He’s a wealthy client she met about a year ago, and they became friends professionally. She introduced me to him once, and he seems like a genuinely good person. He invited her as his “date” to this gala, and my wife said it’s fine. I did ask her though, if she’s actually going as a “date,” and she just laughed and said, “Date doesn’t always mean romantic.” She said it’s important for her she could get networking and meet new people. Then she smiled and said, “If I get into this gala next time, I won’t need to take that man with me, I’ll take you...

Update- My fiance’s “vows disaster” just hit rehearsal day & it got worse

For context- my fiance accidentally sent our officiant his draft vows, the one full of placeholders like “insert emotional stuff here” and “make her cry but not ugly cry”? Yeahhh. He promised he fixed them. But he did not. At the rehearsal, the officiant asked if he wanted to do a practice run. My man confidently steps up, opens his phone & starts reading the exact same draft. He gets halfway through “insert heartfelt memory here” before realizing, mid-sentence - what’s happening. The entire wedding party is trying not to lose it. Our officiant just sighed and said, “Well, at least you’re honest.” He is now rewriting his vows under supervision like it’s a school detention. The bridesmaids made him a folder titled “FINAL FINAL vows - DO NOT SCREW UP.docx.” If the ceremony goes anything like this rehearsal, I might livestream it for educational purposes. (And yes, I posted the original chaos on r/WeddingJokes — I feel like I owe them an update at this point)

The time I quit my job mid shift and walked out

Eight years ago I was working a customer service job that already had me burned out but one day my boss screamed at me in front of customers over something that wasn’t even my fault. Something in me just snapped. I took off my apron handed it to him and said “I’m done” Then I walked straight out the door and never looked back. Didn’t even go back for my final paycheck. It sounds impulsive but it was one of the most freeing empowering things I’ve ever done. Up until that moment I thought I had to just take it and that quitting mid shift was “unprofessional” But honestly that day taught me there’s a line between being dedicated and being disrespected. I was playing apex earlier and thought about how that single decision changed my whole mindset about self worth. It’s wild how one moment of courage can stick with you for nearly a decade. Still one of the best choices I’ve ever made.