Skip to main content

Indian BF accidentally gets hammered meeting my Grandma

Thumbnail
TL;DR: Indian dude meeting GF’s gramma, thinks her Seagram’s bevs are soda, and accidentally gets drunk. Ends with Grandma petting his hair. ——— Dated a sweet Indian dude and brought him to visit my fam. Sikh guy, non-practicing, an engineer. Smoked a lot of cannabis, drank a lot of sugary/ energy bevs, but never drank alcohol. My Scandinavian grandma (in her 80s) offers us Seagram's Bay Breezes; a fridge full from Thanksgiving, encourages us to "use them up." Around the 1-hour mark, he is cracking #4, and I playfully call him "Drunkie". He immediately goes into panic mode and says, "This is a beer?! I felt so hot. I thought I was getting sick, but I'm just… so… happy!" He is hammered, grinning and saying: "My frame-rate is decreased." We're cracking up. Ends with him sitting on the floor in front of her recliner, talking about how much he loves the cows on the farm and the Mennonites’ horses. She's running her ancient hands through his thick wavy black hair and saying, “It's ridiculous! It's so thick! He should be a hair model!" and he was smiling like a happy cat in a sunbeam. submitted by /u/RadagastDaGreen [link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So my wife’s going to a gala tonight — as her client’s “date.”

I’m 44 and my wife is 44. She works on an art advisory committee, so attending galas, events, and client meetings is part of her job. She often meets clients for coffee, lunch, or dinner, and I don’t always know the details and that’s completely normal because it’s part of her work. She’s always professional, transparent about her friendships, and I trust her judgment completely. Recently, she mentioned she’s going to a gala with a friend, S. He’s a wealthy client she met about a year ago, and they became friends professionally. She introduced me to him once, and he seems like a genuinely good person. He invited her as his “date” to this gala, and my wife said it’s fine. I did ask her though, if she’s actually going as a “date,” and she just laughed and said, “Date doesn’t always mean romantic.” She said it’s important for her she could get networking and meet new people. Then she smiled and said, “If I get into this gala next time, I won’t need to take that man with me, I’ll take you...

Update- My fiance’s “vows disaster” just hit rehearsal day & it got worse

For context- my fiance accidentally sent our officiant his draft vows, the one full of placeholders like “insert emotional stuff here” and “make her cry but not ugly cry”? Yeahhh. He promised he fixed them. But he did not. At the rehearsal, the officiant asked if he wanted to do a practice run. My man confidently steps up, opens his phone & starts reading the exact same draft. He gets halfway through “insert heartfelt memory here” before realizing, mid-sentence - what’s happening. The entire wedding party is trying not to lose it. Our officiant just sighed and said, “Well, at least you’re honest.” He is now rewriting his vows under supervision like it’s a school detention. The bridesmaids made him a folder titled “FINAL FINAL vows - DO NOT SCREW UP.docx.” If the ceremony goes anything like this rehearsal, I might livestream it for educational purposes. (And yes, I posted the original chaos on r/WeddingJokes — I feel like I owe them an update at this point)

The time I quit my job mid shift and walked out

Eight years ago I was working a customer service job that already had me burned out but one day my boss screamed at me in front of customers over something that wasn’t even my fault. Something in me just snapped. I took off my apron handed it to him and said “I’m done” Then I walked straight out the door and never looked back. Didn’t even go back for my final paycheck. It sounds impulsive but it was one of the most freeing empowering things I’ve ever done. Up until that moment I thought I had to just take it and that quitting mid shift was “unprofessional” But honestly that day taught me there’s a line between being dedicated and being disrespected. I was playing apex earlier and thought about how that single decision changed my whole mindset about self worth. It’s wild how one moment of courage can stick with you for nearly a decade. Still one of the best choices I’ve ever made.