Skip to main content

Costco Hates Loungers

Thumbnail
So there I was at Costco. Minding my own business with a friend who was shopping for party supplies. I had already grabbed what I needed, while his cart had a long way to go. Earlier in the trip, we had passed a massage chair display. I decided that since I was done shopping, I’d relax in the display chair for a bit to pass the time while I wait for my friend. First of all, this chair reclined far too much. I was nearly horizontal by the time it was “in position”. I’d like it to be known, however, that I was not blocking any shopping lanes in the slightest. I even made a point of moving my cart to the nearby electronics area, which was empty the whole time I was in Costco. Secondly, the massage was awful. It felt like someone was rolling 3 croquet balls across my upper back. Really not comfortable, but I figured I’d ride it out until my friend was finished shopping. I got my phone out and began to browse Reddit. Not five minutes later, a lady walks by me and begins loudly talking with her husband as she passes. “I can’t believe that there are people who just lounge around Costco”. What? Why did she feel the need to loudly proclaim her disgust for me and my behavior. I looked back at her, prepared to say something, but I ended up just letting her walk on by. I declined my chair and sat up. I ended up grabbing my cart from electronics and shopping with my friend. I let her win. But why was she so upset? Was she jealous of the (admittedly horrible) massage I was getting? Maybe she thought this was my plan for the day? Like I’d planned a block of my day out to lounge around Costco. Sometimes I think lounging around Hell itself could be a better experience than the average Costco trip. If you read this random lady. Congratulations. You ruined the worst massage of my life. I hope the next massage you get leaves you with a crick in your neck that doesn’t work itself out for three whole days. -Costco Lounger submitted by /u/redxephos27 [link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So my wife’s going to a gala tonight — as her client’s “date.”

I’m 44 and my wife is 44. She works on an art advisory committee, so attending galas, events, and client meetings is part of her job. She often meets clients for coffee, lunch, or dinner, and I don’t always know the details and that’s completely normal because it’s part of her work. She’s always professional, transparent about her friendships, and I trust her judgment completely. Recently, she mentioned she’s going to a gala with a friend, S. He’s a wealthy client she met about a year ago, and they became friends professionally. She introduced me to him once, and he seems like a genuinely good person. He invited her as his “date” to this gala, and my wife said it’s fine. I did ask her though, if she’s actually going as a “date,” and she just laughed and said, “Date doesn’t always mean romantic.” She said it’s important for her she could get networking and meet new people. Then she smiled and said, “If I get into this gala next time, I won’t need to take that man with me, I’ll take you...

Update- My fiance’s “vows disaster” just hit rehearsal day & it got worse

For context- my fiance accidentally sent our officiant his draft vows, the one full of placeholders like “insert emotional stuff here” and “make her cry but not ugly cry”? Yeahhh. He promised he fixed them. But he did not. At the rehearsal, the officiant asked if he wanted to do a practice run. My man confidently steps up, opens his phone & starts reading the exact same draft. He gets halfway through “insert heartfelt memory here” before realizing, mid-sentence - what’s happening. The entire wedding party is trying not to lose it. Our officiant just sighed and said, “Well, at least you’re honest.” He is now rewriting his vows under supervision like it’s a school detention. The bridesmaids made him a folder titled “FINAL FINAL vows - DO NOT SCREW UP.docx.” If the ceremony goes anything like this rehearsal, I might livestream it for educational purposes. (And yes, I posted the original chaos on r/WeddingJokes — I feel like I owe them an update at this point)

The time I quit my job mid shift and walked out

Eight years ago I was working a customer service job that already had me burned out but one day my boss screamed at me in front of customers over something that wasn’t even my fault. Something in me just snapped. I took off my apron handed it to him and said “I’m done” Then I walked straight out the door and never looked back. Didn’t even go back for my final paycheck. It sounds impulsive but it was one of the most freeing empowering things I’ve ever done. Up until that moment I thought I had to just take it and that quitting mid shift was “unprofessional” But honestly that day taught me there’s a line between being dedicated and being disrespected. I was playing apex earlier and thought about how that single decision changed my whole mindset about self worth. It’s wild how one moment of courage can stick with you for nearly a decade. Still one of the best choices I’ve ever made.