
My younger sister Chloe has zero concept of boundaries. She’s 19 and still thinks my room is an extension of her personal property. Last week, she went into my room, found my journal, read the entire thing, and then ran to my mom to tell her about a guy I’ve been casually seeing. It was a massive breach of trust, but when I confronted her, she just laughed and said, "Don't write secrets down if you don't want people to know them." I didn't scream. I didn't cry. I waited. Chloe had been bragging for three months about a VIP ticket she bought to see her favorite artist. The concert was last night. She was paranoid about losing her digital ticket, so she printed a physical copy and left it sitting on the kitchen counter for a week. While she was in the shower, I took the printed ticket. I drove to the local animal shelter and donated it to their silent auction fundraiser. I didn't tell a soul. I drove her to the concert last night. She was vibrating with excitement in the passenger seat. When we got to the gate, she scanned her phone. The scanner turned red. "Invalid." She panicked and checked her email. The ticket had been transferred. She looked at the transfer receipt and froze. It said: Donated to St. Jude's Animal Shelter. She looked at me with tears in her eyes. I just shrugged and said, "Maybe you should stop reading things that don't belong to you." She cried the entire drive home. My mom is furious at me and says I wasted $800 out of spite, but honestly? Watching her face at the gate was worth every penny. submitted by /u/Disastrous-Layer-202 [link] [comments]
Comments