Skip to main content

I refuse to have sex with my partner

Thumbnail
so I have been with my partner going on three years. in the beginning it was all fun and dandy, you know, the “honeymoon phase” of course we had sex often originally and then it slowed down dramatically during the first half of the first year. I didn’t understand why? And it concerned me only because she teases me SO MUCH and finds it very fun to do so, but then she will deflect any advances. Which confused me and also felt very hurtful. I’ve tried having this talk with her many times over and I always get different answers and she always gets upset. “Well maybe I’m not attracted to you” or “i don’t know why I do it, but I just think it’s fun” or many other reasonings. fast forward to today. She initiated sex for the first time in forever and when I asked her why she had done that? Keep in mind I love her to DEATH, I’m ok if we don’t have sex honestly, I’ve come to terms with that. but she responded “well you do so much for me, I feel like I owe you. Even though I don’t want to have sex with you” And that hurt my soul. I do a lot for her YES, but not because I expect anything from her at all. I do it all out of love and respect for her. She owes me nothing. I don’t feel comfortable with “obligation sex”. I never want sex to feel like a duty. I told her this and I also asked her if she wants to continue adventuring what intimacy is for her together? or does she want to stop having sex and and internalize and process what intimacy means to her without any sex. She chose the latter. which I’m completely okay with. I rather not have any sex at all then know someone is only having sex with me because they feel they owe it to me. I rather you WANT to have sex with me and desire to have sex with me. I prefer intimacy to be mutual in all aspects. no keeping receipts. so I refuse to have any sex with my partner until she is ready to explore what that looks like for her. Thanks for reading! submitted by /u/Similar-Remote3729 [link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So my wife’s going to a gala tonight — as her client’s “date.”

I’m 44 and my wife is 44. She works on an art advisory committee, so attending galas, events, and client meetings is part of her job. She often meets clients for coffee, lunch, or dinner, and I don’t always know the details and that’s completely normal because it’s part of her work. She’s always professional, transparent about her friendships, and I trust her judgment completely. Recently, she mentioned she’s going to a gala with a friend, S. He’s a wealthy client she met about a year ago, and they became friends professionally. She introduced me to him once, and he seems like a genuinely good person. He invited her as his “date” to this gala, and my wife said it’s fine. I did ask her though, if she’s actually going as a “date,” and she just laughed and said, “Date doesn’t always mean romantic.” She said it’s important for her she could get networking and meet new people. Then she smiled and said, “If I get into this gala next time, I won’t need to take that man with me, I’ll take you...

Update- My fiance’s “vows disaster” just hit rehearsal day & it got worse

For context- my fiance accidentally sent our officiant his draft vows, the one full of placeholders like “insert emotional stuff here” and “make her cry but not ugly cry”? Yeahhh. He promised he fixed them. But he did not. At the rehearsal, the officiant asked if he wanted to do a practice run. My man confidently steps up, opens his phone & starts reading the exact same draft. He gets halfway through “insert heartfelt memory here” before realizing, mid-sentence - what’s happening. The entire wedding party is trying not to lose it. Our officiant just sighed and said, “Well, at least you’re honest.” He is now rewriting his vows under supervision like it’s a school detention. The bridesmaids made him a folder titled “FINAL FINAL vows - DO NOT SCREW UP.docx.” If the ceremony goes anything like this rehearsal, I might livestream it for educational purposes. (And yes, I posted the original chaos on r/WeddingJokes — I feel like I owe them an update at this point)

The time I quit my job mid shift and walked out

Eight years ago I was working a customer service job that already had me burned out but one day my boss screamed at me in front of customers over something that wasn’t even my fault. Something in me just snapped. I took off my apron handed it to him and said “I’m done” Then I walked straight out the door and never looked back. Didn’t even go back for my final paycheck. It sounds impulsive but it was one of the most freeing empowering things I’ve ever done. Up until that moment I thought I had to just take it and that quitting mid shift was “unprofessional” But honestly that day taught me there’s a line between being dedicated and being disrespected. I was playing apex earlier and thought about how that single decision changed my whole mindset about self worth. It’s wild how one moment of courage can stick with you for nearly a decade. Still one of the best choices I’ve ever made.