
During the 2026 Rhode Island blizzard, I was working at a convenience store. We were getting ready to close early because the weather was getting ridiculous. There was this woman who used to come into the store pretty often. We’d talked before, so we knew each other a little, but it wasn’t like we were dating or anything. She came in right before we closed. We started talking about the storm, and she told me the travel ban was about to go into effect. Then she randomly invited me to stay at her place because she didn’t want me trying to drive home once the ban started. I was like, “Uh… okay.” So I went. Probably not the most normal decision I’ve ever made, but whatever. 😂 Once I got there, I realized she drank a lot. Like, I knew she drank before, but I didn’t realize how much until I was actually there. The funny thing is, though, she was actually really cool. We got along really well. We were talking, laughing, joking around, just having a good time. Eventually it got late and we ended up sharing a bed. We cuddled, but that’s it. Nothing sexual happened. Personally, I don’t like having sex with someone who’s drunk, so I wasn’t going to do that. Then morning comes. And now we’re basically trapped because the travel ban is in effect. At some point she runs out of alcohol. So somehow this whole situation turns into me and this woman shoveling her entire parking lot together so we can get her car out. After we finally got the car out, we decided to drive around and see if anything was open. Almost everything was closed because of the storm. Eventually we found a store that was open and selling drinks, grabbed what she needed, and went back. And somehow… I stayed another night. At this point I’m thinking, How did I even end up here? But honestly, we had a really good time. We talked for hours, laughed, watched stuff, and just hung out. It wasn’t even awkward. After the storm, we actually kept talking. I’d go over to her place sometimes and we’d hang out. Nothing really happened between us, though. Then things started getting a little confusing. One time I went over and she didn’t really want to share the bed. I wasn’t going to force anything, obviously, so I figured I’d just sleep on the couch. The couch was fucking terrible. I was exhausted, so eventually I just decided to leave. 😂 At some point she also made a comment like: “I’m not really into hookups.” And I remember thinking, “Wait… did you think that’s what this was?” Because I honestly never considered those two nights a hookup. Eventually we just started talking less and less. Now we barely talk. And that’s what makes the whole thing so weird to me. submitted by /u/Ok-Space-4297 [link] [comments]
Comments