Skip to main content

Dom Tom does not lose.

Thumbnail
I spent 5 years in prison for assault. Overall it wasn't that bad, you keep your head down and do the occasional favor like buying chips for your group and all is good. Of course there's the occasional new blood that comes in looking to start a fight for some respect or the rival gang that has one of its members disrespected looking to get even, fighting would happen at least once a week. I'd fight too for cigarettes and gym rights but when I look back on it now I regret it. Not to mention the after effects that came with it, once you start fighting in there everybody wants a shot at you to earn some respect. From what I saw thought nobody could go the distance, the second a guy started fighting he'd get picked apart by the other tough guys until he couldn't fight no more and got beat up. It was a gauntlet that nobody (myself included) could survive. You win some you lose some that's how life went in our yard... Then Tom Arrived, and everything changed. Tom showed up one day in my cell and the first thing he did was cry. Didn't even Introduce himself to me just layed on his bunk and cried for like an hour. When He later composed himself he told me he had been caught drinking and driving. He ran a red light almost hit a car then crashed into a telephone pole and Somehow by the grace of God got lucky and was left with a concussion and other minor injuries. I was kind to him at first but he majorly lacked respect of any kind. He wouldn't talk to anyone and ignored everybody for like a week. Fuck the only thing he did right was eat. I noticed that there was a bunch of guys eyeing him down after showing zero respect and zero situational awareness for where he was at. He actually cut them in line. Balls By the night there was talk of jumping him to straighten him out but I took pity on him and offered to fake a fight with him so the others would calm down. When I told him this he told me to piss off and that sealed the deal. I was his first fight and what he did had me at a loss for words. The guy kept saying Dom Tom does not lose over and over again. And I shit you not this guy was made out of bricks or something I fugging hurt myself punching him, and ended up getting my ass knocked out. When I came to I cussed for a while. Then had a normal conversation with him to let him know how prison worked, we talked for like 2 hours. Well 1 year and at least 40 fights later (Tom was retarted and knew zero respect) this motherfucker hadn't lost a single fight. Even when he got jumped. He would just say the same thing every time he fought. Dom Tom does not lose over and over again. The Dom part is what got us fucking furious. It implied he was Dominating us and there wasn't shit we could do about it. He got parole at 14 months in. We hated him pretty bad considering he whooped all our asses and got out quick. I still talk to a guy named Ryan that I met there and he probably hates Tom the most since he got his ass whooped by him at least ten times, he also tells me he has nightmares of Dom Tom. Dom Tom does not lose, never have I heard something so stupid, but be so epic. submitted by /u/Resident_Condition_2 [link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So my wife’s going to a gala tonight — as her client’s “date.”

I’m 44 and my wife is 44. She works on an art advisory committee, so attending galas, events, and client meetings is part of her job. She often meets clients for coffee, lunch, or dinner, and I don’t always know the details and that’s completely normal because it’s part of her work. She’s always professional, transparent about her friendships, and I trust her judgment completely. Recently, she mentioned she’s going to a gala with a friend, S. He’s a wealthy client she met about a year ago, and they became friends professionally. She introduced me to him once, and he seems like a genuinely good person. He invited her as his “date” to this gala, and my wife said it’s fine. I did ask her though, if she’s actually going as a “date,” and she just laughed and said, “Date doesn’t always mean romantic.” She said it’s important for her she could get networking and meet new people. Then she smiled and said, “If I get into this gala next time, I won’t need to take that man with me, I’ll take you...

Update- My fiance’s “vows disaster” just hit rehearsal day & it got worse

For context- my fiance accidentally sent our officiant his draft vows, the one full of placeholders like “insert emotional stuff here” and “make her cry but not ugly cry”? Yeahhh. He promised he fixed them. But he did not. At the rehearsal, the officiant asked if he wanted to do a practice run. My man confidently steps up, opens his phone & starts reading the exact same draft. He gets halfway through “insert heartfelt memory here” before realizing, mid-sentence - what’s happening. The entire wedding party is trying not to lose it. Our officiant just sighed and said, “Well, at least you’re honest.” He is now rewriting his vows under supervision like it’s a school detention. The bridesmaids made him a folder titled “FINAL FINAL vows - DO NOT SCREW UP.docx.” If the ceremony goes anything like this rehearsal, I might livestream it for educational purposes. (And yes, I posted the original chaos on r/WeddingJokes — I feel like I owe them an update at this point)

The time I quit my job mid shift and walked out

Eight years ago I was working a customer service job that already had me burned out but one day my boss screamed at me in front of customers over something that wasn’t even my fault. Something in me just snapped. I took off my apron handed it to him and said “I’m done” Then I walked straight out the door and never looked back. Didn’t even go back for my final paycheck. It sounds impulsive but it was one of the most freeing empowering things I’ve ever done. Up until that moment I thought I had to just take it and that quitting mid shift was “unprofessional” But honestly that day taught me there’s a line between being dedicated and being disrespected. I was playing apex earlier and thought about how that single decision changed my whole mindset about self worth. It’s wild how one moment of courage can stick with you for nearly a decade. Still one of the best choices I’ve ever made.