Skip to main content

Went over to help my elderly neighbor and got an unexpected surprise

Thumbnail
So, I (M28) and my fiancé (F26) bought a house recently and we have an older neighbor directly across the street who is 76. She’s VERY friendly with us ever since we moved in earlier this year— maybe even a little too friendly. Like, she has a glass door that she sits in front of everyday, so every single time we walk out the front door she comes over to immediately engage us in a 30min conversation. I know what everyone’s thinking— she’s just elderly and lonely and wants someone to talk to. Although, keep in mind she has two “boy-toys” between the ages of 50 and 70 who frequently come over for booty calls and weed smoking, along with other family and friends, so she’s not that lonely. She’s a sweet older lady who just likes to share stories and give us gifts (fruit, pictures, mugs, etc). Often times she’ll call me over to help her with different things (fixing her printer, knocking down wasp nests, etc etc) and I’m polite so I always go over to help her when she calls. One day, she asks me to come over and help her find an email on her computer. She’d been dealing with a financial situation spurred on by her inadvertently ordering thousands of items on Temu (that’s another story) and she needed help finding the return labels they emailed her. So, I come in the front door and she takes me past these mountains of Temu packages to the back room where her 15 year old laptop is (just a guess). She has her email open, and the pc is moving extremely slow. So, I sit down and start sifting through her inbox… and I realize it is Absolutely Filthy. She has a massive amount of email notifications from porn and hookup sites, advertising horny partners and dildos and other obscene stuff that most people wouldn’t want a neighbor to see. So, I’m playing it cool and just trying to sift through this massive amount of porn to find these Temu receipts that are nowhere to be found. Long story short, we figure out she has the wrong email open. So, many eons later, we open her other email in another window and that inbox is just as dirty. I’m sifting through all these dirty emails, until she’s like “OH maybe it’s that one!” grabbing my hand on the mouse to click open one of these filthy emails and when it opens, dear god— it’s a GIF of a sweaty woman getting absolutely plowed by some huge dude on a bed. And she’s just standing behind me silent, staring at the screen watching for a few seconds. Then nonchalantly she’s like “Nah, that’s not it”, finally clicks out of it, goes to another one “maybe it’s this one!”— opens another image of a Huge dude stroking it mid-orgasm. She stares for a few seconds…. “Nahhh, that’s not it”. She does that like two more times before I finally got the mouse back from her and finally scrolled enough to find this Temu return label from like 2 weeks ago. Open it up and, lo and behold, it’s a vibrator… So I’m like, …. Is this the one..? And she’s like “oh yeah, it didn’t work worth a shit so I’m getting my money back for that one.” So I help her download the label and then move onto the next one— a mug with butterflies on it. Help her download that and move onto the next one— a 2-pack of cock rings. Long story short, after the fourth package I decided this was all above my “pay grade” as her unlucky neighbor and got her to call her nephew who apparently works on computers so he could help her get the other hundreds of Temu return labels. This woman has been almost like a grandma figure to my fiancé and I since we moved here, so this was one of the strangest events I’d ever experienced. There was another very unfortunate time that she was having trouble with her phone because she thought she’d “accidentally blocked” her sister— so as I’m clicking around I open up her messenger app, and it opens directly into her sexting chat with some guy and the bottom half of a nude selfie disappearing off the screen. At face value, all of this feels like just unfortunate happenstance of an elderly neighbor trying to understand technology. Although there have been strange comments and moments where I’ve wondered if she might be hitting on me— like this one time I was out doing yard work, she came over and was like “Mmm-mmm, you have nice legs”, or this one time calling me asking me to come over and grab something from her and her answering the door in a towel… Anyways, it’s been enough to make my fiancé not like her as much, and make me question when she invites me over late at night to help her do little in-house chores. submitted by /u/Material-Formal-8387 [link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So my wife’s going to a gala tonight — as her client’s “date.”

I’m 44 and my wife is 44. She works on an art advisory committee, so attending galas, events, and client meetings is part of her job. She often meets clients for coffee, lunch, or dinner, and I don’t always know the details and that’s completely normal because it’s part of her work. She’s always professional, transparent about her friendships, and I trust her judgment completely. Recently, she mentioned she’s going to a gala with a friend, S. He’s a wealthy client she met about a year ago, and they became friends professionally. She introduced me to him once, and he seems like a genuinely good person. He invited her as his “date” to this gala, and my wife said it’s fine. I did ask her though, if she’s actually going as a “date,” and she just laughed and said, “Date doesn’t always mean romantic.” She said it’s important for her she could get networking and meet new people. Then she smiled and said, “If I get into this gala next time, I won’t need to take that man with me, I’ll take you...

Update- My fiance’s “vows disaster” just hit rehearsal day & it got worse

For context- my fiance accidentally sent our officiant his draft vows, the one full of placeholders like “insert emotional stuff here” and “make her cry but not ugly cry”? Yeahhh. He promised he fixed them. But he did not. At the rehearsal, the officiant asked if he wanted to do a practice run. My man confidently steps up, opens his phone & starts reading the exact same draft. He gets halfway through “insert heartfelt memory here” before realizing, mid-sentence - what’s happening. The entire wedding party is trying not to lose it. Our officiant just sighed and said, “Well, at least you’re honest.” He is now rewriting his vows under supervision like it’s a school detention. The bridesmaids made him a folder titled “FINAL FINAL vows - DO NOT SCREW UP.docx.” If the ceremony goes anything like this rehearsal, I might livestream it for educational purposes. (And yes, I posted the original chaos on r/WeddingJokes — I feel like I owe them an update at this point)

I accidentally went on a date with someone who thought I was their other Tinder match

So, a couple months ago I matched with this girl on Tinder. We had a pretty normal convo, nothing crazy, but eventually she asks me to grab coffee. Chill, right? We meet at this cute local spot, she gives me a quick hug, and right off the bat she says: “Wow, you look even better than your hiking pics!” Problem is… I don’t hike. Like, I don’t even walk briskly. I just nod and laugh it off. We keep talking and she starts referencing stuff that makes zero sense. “Your dog is so cute—what was his name again? Bentley?” I don’t have a dog. Never have. Then she mentions how I told her I used to live in Colorado. Again, not me. I’ve never even been west of Kansas. So now I’m trying to figure out if I have early onset memory loss or if she’s mistaking me for someone else entirely. Finally, mid-latte, I ask, “Hey, just to clarify… what’s my name?” She looks confused. “Jake?” Friends… my name is not Jake. We just stared at each other for a solid five seconds before she burst out laughing. Appare...