I sent nudes to my work husband. Wrong chat. It went straight to my actual boss. He replied in under a minute.

I’ve had this running joke with my coworker Marcus for almost a year. We call each other work spouses, roast each other in the group chat, and somehow the flirting never felt dangerous… until last night.
I was feeling myself after a night out. Took a couple mirror pics that were very much not safe for work. Meant to drop them in our private chat with a stupid caption. My thumb slipped. Hit the wrong thread.
The one labeled “Daniel – Boss.”
I stared at the screen in pure horror for three full seconds. Then the typing bubble appeared.
Daniel:
“Bold of you to assume I wouldn’t appreciate this.”
My soul left my body.
I started typing every version of “WRONG PERSON I’M SO SORRY PLEASE FORGET THIS” but before I could send anything he double-texted:
“Don’t apologize.
And don’t delete them.
I’ve thought about you like this more than once.”
I should have blocked him. Reported him. Burned my phone.
Instead I sat there with my heart slamming and wrote back,
“…how many times?”
What followed was the most unprofessional, tense, pulse-spiking conversation of my life. No pictures from him, just words. Specific. Controlled. Like he’d been holding back for months and finally had permission. By 2 a.m. I was biting my lip so hard it hurt and he was telling me exactly what he would do if we weren’t on opposite sides of a very clear power imbalance.
We both agreed it could never happen in real life.
We both knew we were lying.
This morning I walked into the office and he was already there, leaning against the counter in the break room like nothing happened. He looked up, held my eyes for one second too long, and said loud enough for other people to hear,
“Morning. Sleep okay?”
Then, when no one was looking, he stepped just close enough to murmur,
“I meant every word.
My office. Lunch. Door open or door closed… your choice.”
I still haven’t decided.
And he just Slack-messaged me a single period.
Comments