This hands down has to be one of the most embarrassing things that’s ever happened to me. I was at Trader Joe’s yesterday looking for these crackers my coworker recommended to me. After searching for an extended time and not finding them I decided to just ask for help. I went up to this man who looked like he was probably the manager. He was standing next to another employee talking- both white (this matters later). I apologized for interrupting them and I asked if he knew where the crackers were. He then chuckled and gestured to himself and said “you’re looking at em”. I laughed assuming he was making a joke and referring to himself as a cracker. I said “no no I meant the edible ones”, his smile quickly faded. I was horrified to realize that he was infact NOT making a joke but referring to the literal shelf of crackers behind him…..
I was so horrified I didn’t even bother looking for the crackers I needed. I just briefly glanced at the selection and got the hell out of there.
Comments